Well, I've gone and done it. I joined two more KAL's this week. And this month is just flying by so I don't know if I'll finish my Green Hat KAL or not. I hope I do. I have tried numerous times to knit the little hat I chosen for Kitty but it's just not working. I don't know what my problem is. I can't seem to get past row four before I find mistakes and have to rip it out. Then I found the Harry Potter and the Book Seven KAL and the Knitters of Avalon KAL and I just had to join. But I have until April with these two and I already have some projects in mind.

I love Harry Potter period so I just had to join, even if just to keep up with everyone else and see what awesome projects they're doing. My brother has a birthday coming up so I'm hoping to get something done for him this way. Maybe it will give me incentive to actually get something done. Oo, maybe a cool wizard hat? That might be fun.

Along that line, I had to let the hat sort me and the results are:


Want to Get Sorted?
"You belong in Hufflepuff, where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid to toil."

Get Sorted!

I also mentioned the HP KAL to one of my knitting groups and not only did they get really excited about it, but one them found this quiz:

You scored as Neville Longbottom. You often feel scared and unsure of yourself as a result of a tough upbringing, but everyone knows you have so much boiling potential in you waiting to burst. You get a strong feeling of elation when you accomplish something and reward yourself for it. You love your friends and family dearly and are a kind and loyal friend to have.

Huh. Interesting. I never would have considered myself Neville. According to this quiz, I'm a full time Harry Potter fan with 31% obsession. Gah, and another quiz told me I was Neville, too! At least this one had a cool picture.

Which HP Kid Are You?

As for the Knitters of Avalon, I just had to join. The coincidence was just too huge. I had just finished buying The Mists of Avalon book, after being obsessed with it for over a month, when I fond the link to this cool KAL. And guess what book it's based on. :D I'm not too sure what I'll do for this one either although I do have a couple of projects in mind. We'll see. Here are two buttons I came up with for my use:
Harry Potter #7 KAL


However, if you are in either of these KAL's, please feel free to use them. Sometimes, it's a really cool button that has shown me the way to awesom sites. Yes, I know, they're a bit big. I just haven't gotten around to resizing them yet.

No comments: