Well, Carey took one look at my finger this morning, saw that it was still swollen, and dragged me kicking and screaming to the clinic. Phooey. I really do prefer to avoid doctors unless it's absolutely necessary.

The doc messed around with it and had me do different exercises so he could see the extent of the damage. That hurt like the dickens. He said that based on his observations I had probably cracked it or perhaps chipped it. He gave me the option of an xray but at this time I said no. Payment for this was expected at the ti e of the visit and we were barely able to scrape that together so there was no way we could afford xrays.

So, it's now splinted up, which is really uncomfortable and I have to stay like this for at least 6 days. :( My children have already taken advantage of this and have gone crazy. There was bananna everywhere, a dryer full of just dryed clothing all over the floor and smeared with yogurt, etc. This happened in the five minutes that I was upstairs changing Kitty and trying to remember where I stashed the tylennol. I'm already in enough pain and cleaning up that mess didn't help. I have a feeling that this next week is going to be miserable on several fronts.

And to top it all off, I misunderstood the directions on the sock and wound up ripping all the way out back to the heel flap. Argh..... And I don't know how I'm going to knit at all. I've tried but the splint makes it really akward. I guess I'm going to have to learn how to knit left handed. It doesn't look too hard. The brightest note today is a large bag of yarn I just got to add to my very small beginners stash. Yay

Bleh. It's so undignified sitting here and pecking away at the keyboard. It has taken me forever tryng to type this.

No comments: