Moms For Modesty


Moms for Modesty Mission Statement
  1. As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.
  2. I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.

  3. I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.

  4. I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.

  5. I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.

I found this not long ago and I totally agree with it. I'm not alone! (little dance of joy) While I don't expect my adorable daughter to dress like a Quaker, I also abhor clothing with sexual and/or company slogans on them. I refuse to buy anything of this nature, however, I do want cute clothing for her. Short of making it myself, it's hard to find afordable clothing that's appropriate without big names plastered on it somewhere or little slogans. I refuse to give free advertising to the clothing companies. Recently, a friend of mine actually read about thongs being made for girls with little sexual slogans on them and I was just aghast. I have nothing against thongs in the proper time and place. But they have absolutely nothing to do with little girls. My friend spoke of how a large outcry got the thongs removed from sale, but an even larger one got them reinstated. What is our world coming to when we have people worrying that an 8 yo has a panty line? A child that young has no reason to be wearing clothing of any type that tight. They grow up fast enough without the need for sexually explicit clothing and they're losing their innocence of childhood way to soon. I felt the need to reaffirm my commitment to this and I also updated the link on the sidebar. The only other thing that has me so upset when it comes to our beautiful little girls are beauty pageants but on't even get me started on that one.


No comments: