Movie Night

Once in a great while Carey does something really sweet that makes up for all the silly stuff he gets up to. Tonight, he came home with a couple of movies, one being Lady in the Water, which he knew I had been wanting to see. That's not the big thing though. He wanted it to be as close to a real theater experience as possible and brought home pop, chocolate covered peanuts, a dove chocolate bar, swedish fish, and my absolute favorite, red vines. The only thing missing was popcorn, but we can't take advantage of microwavable popcorn without a microwave and Carey didn't want to wait around for me to dig out the popcorn maker and then try to remember where we stashed the popcorn. Besides, that fakey butter invariably found on most microwavable popcorns always makes me sick.

So, we chased the kids to bed and had a wonderful evening to ourselves. Carey had already seen it in the theater, the bum. One of his friends took him while I was out of town with the kids. So yeah, I'd really been looking forward to seeing this one and it's been at the top of my list for some time now. One, because I'm a fan of M. Night Shyamalan, and two, because it just looked like an awesome movie.


An absolutely beautiful, sacred dream. A very poignant theme about finding one's real purpose. It didn't flow as well as it could have and some of the characters weren't as developed as I would have like. Some areas just didn't seem to have had much thought, such as the dialogue and some things just weren't as explained as well as they could have been. This is a beautiful story nonetheless, and when the time comes I will happily add this to our collection.


No comments: