James did well today. He cooperated with both Betsy and Kathy. He even asked me leave during his session with Betsy. Good. He feels comfortable with her.

I took advantage of that free forty minutes to do some errands. I had to go to the Co Op to get some more toothpaste and brushes. Carey forgot to put the container back up and the kids got ahold of everything this morning. So the children, all of the tooth brushes, and the toilet had a lovely meeting. Argh.... It's a good thing that I hadn't bought the new ones yet. I had meant to do that last week but had forgotten about it. And then I ran around town trying to find a game that Carey wanted. The Order of the Stick Adventure Game: The Dungeon of Dorukan. I had decided to get it for him to surprise him. He has been doing so well lately and I'm proud of him. He has been working very hard and he's doing great in his classes. By the time I had run around and found it at my second stop, I had just enough time to run home, leave it with a note on the computer (his first stop when he gets home), grab the key to Grandma Sue's cabinet that James had tried to appropriate, and then drive back across town to pick him up. I was five minutes late, but only because I wasn't thinking and went to the Co Op during the lunch hour, when the high school students descend on it in droves. Bleh. I never had open campus when I was in high school, let alone that kind of money. Heh.

I got to group ok, only to find out that I had forgotten one of my size 10 needles that I needed for James' bag. One of the women loaned me one, but I couldn't concentrate well enough. So I wound up working on a pair of tube socks for Kitty. The only bad thing was that James called one of the women a b*tch. I have no idea where he learned that word. It shocked all of us and it took me forever to get him to calm down and listen to me when I was telling him it wasn't a nice word. He finally apologized to her and admitted what he did was wrong, but it wasn't without a fight.

I turned my pretty green yarn when I got home to ensure that it dries evenly. I had worked that hard to get it straightened out last night that I sure as heck was not going to bed before it was dyed. It was a little less than two ounces of yarn, so I used two packets of Lemon Lime. It went a lot faster that I figured it would, then again this was a very fine yarn. I'll get a pic of it up soon. To end on a nice note, I found this waiting in my inbox when I arrived home. Isn't it pretty?

Little Dragon Castle

No comments: