Registered Offenders In Your Area

My grandmother sent me this link today. I was appalled to find out how many offenders live within just a mile of my home and Carey was shocked to learn he actually knew two of them. This list color codes each offender as to what offense and provides addresses as well as a picture. You can even sign up for alerts. This is a wonderful resource and I'm so thankful my grandmother told me about it.

Family Watch Dog

I have heard arguments against providing an offenders address and I have thought long and hard about it. The offender does have his right of privacy. Just because this address has been provided does not give us the right to harass them. However, I believe it is best that the address is provided. We, as parents, have the right to know who an offender is and where he is living for the safety and well being of our children.


No comments: