Lead In Lunchboxes?

Yep, you heard me right. I dropped in on one of my favorite sites and found this. I only remember to hit it about once a month, which is why I'm just now actually getting around to finding out about. Eco Childs Play is actually a wonderful blog about reviews on natural toys and I've found out about some really cool stuff. However, they also post other interesting info, etc. This just really pissed me off that it's even an issue. You can read Eco's posts here.

Along that note, I don't want to take the chance that any of our lunchboxes have even a minute level of lead so they're all gone. Besides, I'm also too lazy to get a kit to check the levels. I shouldn't have to in the first play. I'm so tired of our government taking "acceptable" risks to our health. However, what to use for a lunch box instead? Well, the above link lists several options. Also, you can knit one. Huh? Yep, you can. Young Francis Swiecki designed an awesome felted lunch bag that was published in the Winter 06 Knitty. So, brown bag it!

Carey had actually voiced an interest in having a bag with the same pirate chart as James' little bag, so I guess that's what I'll be making next.

No comments: