NO!

This is Deedee's new favorite word. The boys wanted to go sledding but, alas, there is no snow. So they moped around for a bit before they came up with their first cool idea of the day: sledding down the stairs on their sleeping bags. And their bags were of the shiny, slick nylon so they slid very fast. Argh. I swear, my children are crazy little savages that are bent on killing themeselves. Needless to say, their sister was right in there with them. Of course, they were having a blast. But all I had were visions of little sugarplums with casts on various appendages and assorted bandages after trips to the emergency room. I think each of them got at least one round in before I caught them and told them they needed to stop. And Deedee resounded with an exceedingly clear, most emphatic NO.

What? My little baby has learned "no"? When did this happen? Nooooo........... My husband and I have a habit of saying no in several different languages such as nein, nyet, no, etc. And we'll usually say them at the same time. Deedee then proceeded to do that herself. So here is this red headed little vixen sitting in the middle of a pile of sleeping bags halfway down the stairs with her huge, proud of myself, grin on her face and a devil twinkle in her eye proceeding to tell me no in four different languages. That of course stopped me dead. She actually pays attention! Way to go Deedee!

Here is a list of words and sentences that I have heard her say:

apple
please
thank you
apple please
love you daddy
mine
mama
goodnight
bye bye
shoes
boots
hat
coat
truck
banana
cheese
bath
coat
onies (undies)
cookies
milk
juice
doll
poop
pee
potty
purse
mouth
nose
eyes
ears
hair
foot
hand
bell
bird
hi
kitty (in reference to her baby sister)
cat
dog
baby
orange
chocolate
all done
pop
balloon
what
squirrel
ow
fire
burn
tree
hug
scarey
snow


Wow, that's quite a list for a not quite 2 year old. And I'm sure there are more that I haven't thought off. They grow too darn fast.

No comments: