Stranger Than Fiction

Carey brought this home to watch and I was a bit leery of it. I'm not a huge fan of Will Ferrell but I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. I only consented to watch it because of Emma Thompson, whom I am a huge of. I'm so glad that I did; it's now one of my favorite movies.

Will Ferrell is harold Crick, a lonely IRS whole whole mundane existence is transformed when he starts hearing a mysterious voice narrating his life. With the help of Professor Hilber (Dustin Hoffman), he discovers he's the main character in novel new novel being written and that the voice belongs to author Karen Eiffel (Emma Thompson), an ecentric author famous for killing her main characters in creative ways. Harold must track her down before she emerges from her writers block and conjures up a way to finish him off.



I loved the narration. It quickly hooked me, and in fact, if this was an actual book, I probably would have finished it in one sitting.I was surprised to see Ferrell in a much more serious role that's he's usually prone to doing. It was a refreshing change. It was very interesting watching him transform form a very lonely and shy mand living a mundane existence to someone who's willing to actually get out there and live. And while the ending went a little further than I had expected, it was still a good one. Just the fact that Harold accepted his existance to the point where he could calmly walk out in front of a bus, knowing that he was going to die, was very poignant. So yes, I would have no problem adding this to our collection.

This is one of the posts written about it at IMDB and we found it interesting.

No comments: