Yay.... Sock Time

Oooo......I'm so mad at Carey. His grandparents were very generous with Christmas money this year and after I had spent a portion on bills, I still had a little left for MEEEE. So I did what any crazy, yarn addicted knitter would do and bought new supplies. So I caught some awesome deals on Ebay and I've been waiting anxiously for it all to come in. I was starting to get upset because the stuff should have been here before now and I was preparing to send off scathing emails when Carey asked me why I was so upset. When I told him, he took off outside and came back with a few packages. Apparently, he had run into Eric, our mailman, and he'd been given the packages to haul home. He stashed them in the Explorer, and forgot about them. GRRRRR.........

Recently I've been wanting to learn how to knit socks, and I found an awesome kit on Ebay. (Yes, I'm an Ebay Fiend) For only $13, I got two balls of Moda-Dea Sassy Stripes yarn in the stormy colorway, 1 set of No. 5 Clover Takumi Bamboo Single Double Pointed Knitting Needles, 1 package of Susan Bates Point Protectors (green & red holiday stockings, they're soooo cute), 1 package of Susan Bates Knit-Chek, and 1 package of Clover Locking Stitch Markers.

So I can't wait to get started on this one. I haven't worked with dpn's too much, so this is definitely going to be a learning experience. I'll post a pic of the progress later.

No comments: